Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th and a Little Extra

I am going to do the traditional photo montage to get through this one since I have once again done a terrible job of keeping up with blog posts. Last Sunday our church had its annual summer picnic at the park. As everyone knows, I love swinging and that day all the swings at the park were taken. Fortunately, Luke's mom decided that I could fit in a swing with Luke (they belong to our church too). It was so much fun and there really was room for the two of us.

Yesterday was of course the 4th of July. I went to my first block party. It was so much fun. Firstly, I got to eat more sugar than I ever have before. I had cookies and muffins and fruit and more. The morning started with a coffee hour for the street. Then, we walked to see the city parade. That was the coolest. People in the parade were even throwing me candy. Apparently, they disagree with Mommy that I am not ready for bubblegum and jawbreakers. She was unfortunately on top of things and didn't even let me try one piece! So unfair! Despite how disappointing it was to not get to eat any candy, I got to see the biggest dog I have ever seen. His name was Wally and he sat right behind us for the parade. When I first saw him, I started barking ("oof oof") because I thought that might make him like me better. How right I was! He loved me! After the parade, we went home to take a nap. Then, later on in the afternoon we went outside for more block party fun. The best part about this was that my uncles Rob and Daniel as well as Daniel's girlfriend Carrie showed up. There were also games and lots of food. I am particularly talented at cornhole!

After all the 4th of July fun, I had a bit of a cranky morning. I don't think I got quite enough sleep. However, I managed to keep myself composed well enough to go for a nice walk and to eat some breakfast with Mommy, Daddy and Rob. Afterwards, we stopped to see Daddy's garden plot. It is doing well and while we were there, we were able to pick a bunch of ripe radishes. I finally fell asleep again on the walk home from the garden plot for a much needed nap. Then, I was back to being my cheerful self.

Daddy unfortunately had to work today. Mommy and I decided that since I like animals so much, we should join the zoo so that we can go all the time. We went today, just Mommy and I. When we got there, there was an animal show starting, so we decided to stop and watch. We didn't realize it was going to be a bird show! I am usually terrified of birds, but maybe since there were trainers all around, I was able to find them fascinating. In fact, I was the most enthusiastic person in the crowd. Every time they brought out a new bird I would yell and point at it so that everyone would know it was there. In fact, I got so into the show that when other birds would fly overhead that were not part of the show, I would yell to everyone to look at those ones too. After the show we did a lot of walking and saw so many other animals. Right before we left the zoo, we decided to take a tram ride. That was really fun. I didn't even have to go in a car seat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 4th, that was a long time ago...