I am 16 weeks old today! Can you believe it!?! I am able to do so much more than I used to be able to do. This past week I perfected the art of spitting. Mommy thought that my drooling was getting annoying because I kept getting myself all wet, but now with spitting, I can almost completely miss my clothes. Actually, I don't think Mommy likes this either, but oh well. I have also decided that sitting straight up is the way to go. Of course I can't do it all by myself yet, but if someone helps me or even props me up on the couch it makes me feel so grown up. Every time I sit up really straight, I can't resist the urge to start smiling and laughing.
Yesterday I went to the library with Mommy and Daddy and checked out some really fun books. One of them is called Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton. The words in the book are also a song that you can listen to for free online (http://www.workman.com/boynton). It is so much fun! I also got to go for two long walks yesterday, one of which was in the park. Trees are the most mesmerizing things!
We went to Grandma's and Grandpa's house on Saturday morning for breakfast. Everybody but me got to eat waffles and I was so jealous. You have no idea how badly I want to try solid food. Every time people eat around me, I can't help but stare at them. However, I have my four month check up this week and I have a sneaking suspicion the doctor will say I can at least try some rice cereal. That would be fantastic! After breakfast, we drove to the farmer's market by my grandparent's house. It was a lot smaller than the one that Daddy goes to, but it was still nice. While we were there, we ran in to Grandma's and Grandpa's friends Karen and David. After walking around a bit we stopped in a coffee shop and ran into two more of Grandma's and
Grandpa's friends, Rich and Lylas. It really is a small world.
Today is going to be a bit different. I am going to spend the morning with Daddy as I normally do, then some time with Mommy. However, Mommy is going to start taking classes tonight, so I will only get to see her for a couple hours in between the end of her workday and when school starts. I think that means I am going to get to go to a work meeting with Daddy tonight. Fortunately, Mommy only has to go to classes on Monday nights. Plus, by going to work with Daddy, I will get to meet lots of new people!
Monday, August 27, 2007
Penguin Spit
Posted by
Maggie
at
7:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
maggie... why isnt groundhog on the list of possible costumes?
I thought that costume was supposed to be saved for a special groundhog day party! Am I wrong?
Post a Comment