Thursday, August 30, 2007

Needles . . . Ahhhhh!

Yesterday was a scary day. I had to go to the doctor's office for my four month shots. When we got there everyone was happy and smiling and they didn't let on at all that shortly thereafter they would be holding me down and sticking needles in me! It really is the most terrible thing. I don't think there is anything that makes me cry quite like needles (Katrine - I really understand). On the bright side, I did do a little better than when I got my two month shots. I think I only cried for 10 minutes instead of 15. Also, I now know that I am up to 14 pounds, 7 ounces. Can you believe I have almost doubled my birth weight in only four months? Imagine if all the adults in the world doubled their weights in four months (hmm . . . scary thought . . . never mind).
After my doctor's appointment Mommy, Grandma and I went for a really long walk. I'm sure it was lovely, but all the stuff from my shots and the Children's Tylenol I had to take made me so tired. I slept for nearly the entire walk! Along the way we stopped and got some dinner. I managed to wake up for that. I still wasn't allowed to eat any of Mommy's food, but the doctor said I am now allowed to try rice cereal! Hopefully Mommy and Daddy will make me some tonight!
I almost forgot . . . our priest came over on Tuesday and we decided that I am going to be baptized on November 4th if everything works out. He thinks that would be a really good day for me to be baptized since the 4th is All Saints Day. I'm not really sure what the whole baptism thing is about yet, but it must be important. I've got lots to learn!

Ich bin müde. Ich werde wieder bald schreiben. Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
I feel badly that the shots hurt and made you cry. I'm glad that you can now have cereal. I'm sure you'll like it.
I can't wait to see you and your Mom and Dad next week. I miss you and your smiles.
See you soon.
Love
Grandma Marsha