Monday, September 3, 2007

Baseball, Birds and Burgers

I have had the most jam packed weekend ever. Friday night, by far the most relaxed, was spent with Mommy and Daddy at Chipotle. Although I didn't get to try their burritos, I did learn an important life lesson. I am never allowed to be friends with the kids who hang out in front of Chipotle. Daddy said they were "thugs" (whatever that means).

Saturday morning was one I will never forget. I got to try solid food for the first time! It was so weird. At first I couldn't keep any of it in my mouth. I'm getting better though. Mommy said that if I can master eating rice cereal in the next couple weeks, then I will get to start trying fruit and vegetables. I think Daddy said he wants to give me sweet potatoes first.



Uncle Rob and Aunt Julie came to visit on Saturday which meant I got to go to the Melt again! While I was there I enjoyed a delicious bottle of soy-based formula. Yummy! Afterwards, we walked home and got ready to go to my first baseball game. Mommy and Daddy didn't want to take my stroller into the stadium, so I got to ride in the Baby Bjorn. I also got to take my first bus ride because nobody wanted to drive downtown. I think I like the car better! The game was so much fun. I had all the people around me smiling. However, the game went past my bed time and I didn't manage to see the whole thing. I did outlast my Uncle Rob though!


Sunday morning was pretty normal. We got up, ate some breakfast and went to church. After church, Mommy and I were still tired from all the excitement on Saturday, so we decided to take a nap, and it was a long one! Then, later that day, we went to Chris and Amy's house. I got to meet another baby. Her name is Schuyler. She is only two months old. It was nice to have someone my own age around. Although he is a lot older than me, I had a lot of fun with Chris too. He kept singing and dancing with me. The only thing that bothered me, was that he kept calling me "Roundy" because he thought my head was so round. What does he know!

Now that I have had a couple days more to practice, I am almost getting a hold on this eating rice cereal business. I think I managed to keep about half of all the spoonfuls I got down this morning. I know I'll master it in no time!

3 comments:

Ainsworth said...

Hey Maggie, well done on eating some real food. I had my first taste yesterday, too! I've been eyeing up Mum and Dad's plates for a while now, so yesterday Mummy gave me some carrot and it was yum. I think they're planning to only give me vegetables and fruit for the first couple of weeks. If you want to see a really different approach, have a look at my friend Phoebe's blog. She looks like she's having great fun.

Maggie said...

It looks like Phoebe has gotten to try some really neat things. So far, I have only had rice cereal and my mommy and daddy can't decide what to give me next. I can't wait to try everything!

Milo said...

Well done, Maggie! We'll be throwing Cheerios and raisins at each other in no time!