This week has been fabulous. To begin with, we got to celebrate Thanksgiving twice! First, we drove to Grandma Marsha and Grandpa Alex's cabin in Pennsylvania. Uncle Rob was there too. After some time playing with everybody (including the doggies) and staring at some fascinating wind chimes, we got to eat our first Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious. I ate some mashed potatoes, the tiniest piece of turkey and some Cheerios.
Later that afternoon, we drove to Mommy's family's cabin in Pennsylvania. It is about an hour from Grandma Marsha and Grandpa Alex's cabin. When we got there everybody was so excited to see me and all at once, they all came to say hi. It was kind of scary. I know they are family, but it was a lot to handle so many people around me at once. Mommy took me away for a little while and let me calm down. Then I was able to slowly make my way around the cabin to see everybody. My great grandparents (my mommy's daddy's parents), my great aunts Claire and Cindy, my great uncles Mark and Marty, my uncle Daniel, my cousins (or more officially, first cousins once removed) Meghan, Ryan, Matthew, Justin and Kevin and lastly
Grandma Heidi and Grandpa Paul were all there. Not too long after getting there, we ate our second Thanksgiving dinner. Again, I ate some mashed potatoes, but nothing else.
All-in-all, Thanksgiving was a really good day. I hope in the future I will be able to stay and visit with everybody longer. We drove home first thing Friday morning. However, while driving home we got to see a big snow storm. It started snowing so hard, that we could barely see two cars in front of us. It was crazy!
Saturday morning we put up the Christmas tree. It is so pretty! Everybody thought I would really like the lights, but I think I like the pine needles best. They are so much fun to touch. I heard Mommy and Daddy say something about some guy named Santa bringing presents. I can't wait to find out what that is all about!
We drove to go see Mrs. and Mr. Baker earlier today. Mrs. Baker is a friend of my grandma's and she is really into pottery and ceramics. Anyway, she made molds of my hands and feet. They won't be dry and painted for some time, but it will be really exciting when they are done. Afterwards, Mommy, Daddy and I drove to Grandma Heidi and Grandpa Paul's house. Grandpa is really sick. He was sniffling and coughing and sneezing. I stayed as far away from him as I could. After a good game of cards (without Grandpa - he went to bed), we went out for Mexican food. Mrs. and Mr. Baker met us there too. It was really fun and tasty. I got to eat some refried beans and everybody knows how much I love those!
Now we're home and it's time for bed, or at least Mommy and Daddy think so. I think I am going to play with my Spanish music worm and the bears on my bassinet.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thanksgiving x 2
Posted by
Maggie
at
9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment