Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'm here!!!

It all started Sunday morning. My mommy was in bed when my daddy decided that he would talk to me through her belly. He said that I should come out so I could see how handsome he is =). I thought to myself, why not? My mommy keeps trying all these silly tricks to get me out anyway, so now might be a good time to get ready for the journey. A little later that morning, I decided to use my razor sharp nails to poke a hole in the bag that was holding all the water I was floating in. Well, as you probably know, my fingers are pretty small, so it took a long time for the water to go away. While the water was going away, my mommy, daddy and I went to the hospital. The doctor there put something in my mommy that made her body try to squeeze me out. In doing so, the water surrounding me really started to go away more quickly and I started to be pushed toward the outside world. To make a very long story short, it took my mommy just over nine excruciatingly painful hours to get me out. It is so nice to breathe air instead of water!

My mommy and daddy love me more than anything. I know because they are nearly suffocating me with kisses all the time. They keep telling me I am the most beautiful baby in the world (I already knew this though =)). When I was born I weighed 7 pounds-12 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. I have a cute button nose and strawberry blond hair.

1 comment:

Mike said...

She is so cute. You guys are a beautiful, happy family.
I look forward to meeting you Meggie.

Love, Mike