I'm finally home! My journey home form the hospital took a little longer than expected. I ended up with a little bit of a breathing/eating/jaundice issue and had to go to a new hospital.
This led to my first ambulance ride. The people in the ambulance put me in a really warm glass box. Then they put monitors on me to watch my heart rate and breathing. They also put a big needle in my hand. Once we got to the hospital, I was put in a room with five other babies. It was kind of sad to be there because I think most of the babies were even more sick than me. The hospital had so many nurses and doctors working though, so I hope all of them will be OK. The people there were really nice and gave me a cute purple quilt and cap. The day after I got to the new hospital, they
moved me to a room where I could stay with just my mommy and daddy. I know they were much happier about this. Things went pretty well in this room. The only weird thing that happened was the doctor putting these blue lights all around me. She said it was helping my jaundice and I have to say, that once they took them away, my skin had changed from a pumpkin orange to a normal beige skin color. My mommy, daddy and I ended up staying in the two hospitals for six days. Now we are home and it's great!
When I first got home, my mommy and daddy showed me around the house. I got to see my room for the first time (I love it, but I like sleeping in mommy and daddy's room better).
We have done lots of fun things since I came home. I went on my first stroller ride, went out for ice cream at Mitchell's with my aunt and uncle (and godparents), Julie and Rob and got to see the inside of my church on Sunday. My doggies weren't home when I got there, but they are now. They are so fascinating! They both want to give me kisses all the time.
It is so exciting to be outside my mommy's tummy. Something new happens everyday. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Life at Home
Posted by
Maggie
at
9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment