Monday, October 8, 2007

Swinging in the Heat

I don't know what's going on, but it is now the beginning of the 2nd week of October and it was nearly 90 degrees outside today! We were supposed to go pick apples, but it hardly seemed like the right autumn-ish weather for that with all the heat. On Saturday, we went out for Mexican food with Grandma and Grandpa before Daddy had to go to work. Mommy let me put the end of one of her tortilla chips in my mouth for a second, but I didn't really think it was all that exciting. In fact, I made a yucky face and spit it out. Later on, after dropping Daddy off at work, Mommy and I drove to meet my other Grandma for a fun day of shopping! I was the only one who got stuff, and I got a lot of it. Grandma practically got me half of a winter wardrobe. Thank you!!!

Yesterday and today have been extra exciting because both Mommy and Daddy had both days off work. We pretty much tried to avoid the heat both days, but we did manage to have some fun. After church, Mommy, Daddy and I went to get some bagels. For once I didn't mind not eating their food because I got to eat bananas during church. Then, we drove to the park, went for a walk and went on the swings. I am almost big enough for the baby swing!

After sleeping to nearly 10:00 (with a minor 1/2 hour wake up at 6:00 for breakfast), Mommy and Daddy tried to decide what we should all do for the day. Those two are so indecisive. Finally, they decided that we should just get in the car and start driving and we would figure something out as we went. Daddy ended up driving for almost an hour before deciding that we should eat lunch at a restaurant that is less than five minutes from our house. Later that day Mommy and Daddy played a game of cards before starting on a house cleaning rampage. Now we're watching the Indians game and hoping for a big win!

2 comments:

Milo said...

Sorry I missed you this weekend, but I was out of town when your people called my people. Let's go apple picking together soon, okay?

Maggie said...

Sounds good! I hope you got to go somewhere good!