Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Broken Cars and Birthdays

Sorry it has taken me longer than it normally does to post. I had an exciting weekend. This past weekend was Daniel's last parent's weekend at college. Although I am not his parent and Mommy isn't his parent, Grandma and Granddad thought it would be nice if we could come. Unfortunately, Daddy had to work so he couldn't come too. On Friday night, we went to a show where all the college students in fraternities and sororities sang songs and danced. I don't think many of them have had any legitimate training, so it was really funny to watch. I learned that sorority girls can scream even louder than I can! After the show, we went to Mommy's family's cabin and went straight to bed.

Saturday turned out to be a pretty lazy day. We didn't get too much accomplished at all, but at least it was relaxing. We did manage to get back to the town where Daniel's college is to go out to dinner though. His girlfriend, Carrie, and her parents came out to dinner with us too. It was fun. Everybody but me ordered the prime rib buffet. Mommy made me eat some green beans, but no complaints here! I love them!

After dinner we drove back to the cabin. This was the real Saturday adventure. As soon as we left, an indicator light went on in Grandma's car that said there was a problem with her oil pressure and that she should stop the motor. We pulled into the first gas station we could find to check it out. Granddaddy couldn't think of what was wrong because the car was full of oil and the engine wasn't overheated. Then, some guy came over (total hillbilly) and offered to take a look at the car. He said the same thing as Granddaddy though and decided there wasn't really a problem, so we started off for the cabin again. The car sounded awful. It kept getting louder and louder and louder as we went until eventually it sounded like we were riding in a diesel truck. Then at one point while going up a hill the car started howling as if there was a ghost in the car. It was really scary. Fortunately we made it all the way to the cabin. Here's the funny part though, when we stopped the car in the driveway, it died. Grandaddy tried to restart it, but the engine wouldn't turn. He tried again Sunday morning with no luck. We ended up having to ride in Daniel's car to get home and no Grandma's car is tuck at the cabin! It'll be interesting to see how they take care of that one.

My other grandma and grandpa were at my house when Mommy and I got home on Sunday. We all ended up going out to dinner to celebrate Grandma's birthday at Daddy's restaurant. If you remember, the last time I went there I ended up having a bit of a cranky night, but this time I was wonderful! The waitress was really nice and after looking at me said that she couldn't wait to have a baby some day too!

Now it's the middle of the week and things are pretty much back into their normal swing. I have been spending lots of time with Daddy during the day and Grandma and Grandpa have been at our house since Sunday, but they are leaving today. Mommy's birthday is today tomorrow and Daddy and I are going to take her out to celebrate at a Japanese restaurant. I think we are going to go meet her for lunch today too!

No comments: