Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mmmm, whipped cream!

This past weekend, Grandma Heidi and Grandpa Paul had a party. I met so many people. At one point somebody was holding me (I can't remember who exactly) and we were standing in a circle with a bunch of other people. Then, Mommy came over and started talking. I was so excited to hear a familiar voice that I smiled and started staring right at Mommy. She was really happy I did this. Now she knows for sure that I know who she is. Two of Grandma's friends gave me presents while we were there too. They actually told Mommy and Daddy I would be getting them before I was born! They went to a potter and had a plate, bowl and cup made with my name and birthday on them. They are so pretty.


Things have been really good lately. I have been smiling and laughing more than ever. Sometimes when I get really excited I even move my arms when I smile. I have decided that the mobile above my crib, the butterfly above my changing table, the bears in my pack and play and colorful books are some of the most exciting things in the world. Mommy loves to read to me now because each time she turns a page in one of my books, I laugh. My favorite activity is to toot on Mommy and laugh. I don't know why this is so funny, but it gets me going.

This week should be exciting. Grandma Marsha and Grandpa Alex are here to visit. Daddy said they were in "Margarete withdrawal." I got to stay with Grandma today while Daddy and Grandpa took the doggies to the vet. They really needed to go. As it turns out, the doggies are healthy, but Bugsy needs to lose 15 pounds! He is a little dog already, so that is a lot of weight. He is going to be so mad (and/or sad) when Daddy cuts back his food.

Mommy, both Grandmas and I went out to dinner tonight for a "girls night." We went to a restaurant in little Italy that I have been to with Mommy before. Afterwards we all went to a bakery where everyone (except me of course) picked out the best looking desserts. When we got home, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma Marsha, Grandpa Alex and I sat down to eat dessert. Mommy put the tiniest amount of whipped cream on her fork and let me taste it. It was so good! I was smacking my lips for minutes after I swallowed it. I think it might have been better than Children's Tylenol.

Daddy has to work on his business plan, so I think I am going to get to spend a lot of time with my grandparents tomorrow. It should be fun!

4 comments:

Chef Matt said...

Maggie,

I know you get excited when people post comments on you blog, so I figured I would write you a note. I might be biased, being your father and all, but I think you are one of the cutest things ever! I love you very much.

-Dad

Maggie said...

I love you too! You're the best (but you're tied with Mommy)!

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
Grandpa Alex and I have had so much fun with you. We love when you smile and laugh when we talk to you. We agree with your daddy-you definitely are one of the cutest things ever!!
We love sweetie.

Maggie said...

It was nice having you both to visit. I can't wait until you can come back again! I love you too!