It's been another exciting week. First the cabin, then Rhode Island and finally coming home. Friday turned out to be the most exciting day of my Rhode Island trip. Mommy, Grandma, Rike, Nicholas and I all drove to Grandma's sister's house. Grandma's sister, Gigi, actually lives in Switzerland, but is in the US for a short visit. Her house is in the neatest town. There were so many shops and restaurants that we could walk to, but the most exciting thing was the ocean. This is the first time I have ever seen the Atlantic Ocean. This probably sounds ridiculously obvious, but it is
nothing like Lake Erie. There were so many big fishing boats with lobster traps and nets on them. There were even more sailboats than fishing boats though, and of every size. We went to a local restaurant with seating right on the water for lunch that day. I didn't get to try any of the food again, but I was fascinated by the water and the sky and the boats that went by. After lunch we went for a walk around the town and stopped into some of the little stores. One of them was the neatest toy store. Grandma bought me a butterfly that has mirrors, bells, a squeaky thing, pockets and crinkly wings. During the course of the day, I also got to meet my great uncle, Daniel, my second cousins, Robert and Michael, and their family dog, Newman.
Saturday was another big day for me. It started out as a slow morning. Then, Mommy, Grandma and I decided to drive to Providence to walk around Federal Hill. Since that area is predominantly Italian, we spent the afternoon going into small Italian stores. They sold olives, breads, oils, tons of what Mommy calls "dangerous" bakery items, coffees, pastas, sausages, different sauces, etc. I've been to Little Italy in Cleveland before, which is really nice, but this area of Providence dwarfed that area of Cleveland. It was great!
After our Italian adventure, Grandma dropped Mommy and I off at the airport to fly home. This was another first for me. Mommy said she was worried about flying with me because she didn't know how I was going to handle it, so I went really easy on her. I didn't cry once the entire flight! I was so good that several of the other people on the plane even complimented me on what a good baby I was. The truth is I slept the majority of the ride. I did wake up for maybe twenty minutes in the middle of the trip to smile at Mommy and let her know I was OK, but then it was straight back to sleep for me.
Now I'm home and happy to be here. As much fun as vacation is, there's no place quite like home. I like it best when Mommy, Daddy, the puppies and I are all together. Today was the normal Sunday. We went to church and did a little shopping. Mommy and Daddy spent a long time cleaning later in the day. Daddy said his brother, Mike, and his wife, Anne, are coming to visit tomorrow. After this, I will have met all my aunts and uncles. It looks like it is going to be another fun week!
Sunday, July 1, 2007
Home Again!
Posted by
Maggie
at
9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to see you're a good traveler, like me. It also appears in your pictures that you're coming out of your shell - we'll have to get together for coffee (or bottles of milk) and catch up.
Milo,
I think it'll have to be bottles of milk, but I would love to see you. Tell your Mommy and Daddy to give my Mommy and Daddy a call. I know they'll let us play!
Maggie
Dear Maggie,
It was so wonderful to meet you and see your mom again. You are a little angel and so pretty! I'm glad you enjoyed a little bit of New England. This is a fun place to come to in the summers. Come back next summer and show off your swim suit! When you are ready for a long plane ride, come see us in Switzerland! You can bring both mom and dad - you have great parents!!! Bye for now and OOOXXX from all of us: G, D, R, M, K & N
Post a Comment