The cabin was so much fun. On Tuesday, we went to a cute little coffee shop in Clarion so Mommy and Daddy could get some work done. At least I heard it was cute. I spent the whole time staring at the back of my eyelids. Afterwards, we went shopping for crab legs for dinner that night. We had to celebrate because Uncle Rob (or Uncle Bobby) and Aunt Julie (or Auntie JuJu) made a deal on their house that they have been trying to sell. Mommy said the crab legs were really good. I got a little upset during dinner though because I really wanted to try them and nobody would let me.
Later that night, as they had done every night since we got to the cabin, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Bobby and Auntie JuJu played a games of Spades. However, before they got started that night, Daddy decided to check on Grandpa Alex because he had been outside for a long time. It turns out that he had fallen asleep in a chair by the fire he started. Daddy saw him through the window of the cabin and as he was about to turn away, he noticed that there were two big black bear less than ten feet from Grandpa! Naturally, he got all worried and all of us went to the window and started yelling for Grandpa to come inside. When he woke up and saw the bears, he didn't even get scared. He just clapped his hands to scare the bears away and then walked to the cabin. He must be really brave. The bears ended up coming back for some food that was left out and to empty Grandpa's bird feeders.
The next day, Grandma Heidi met Mommy and I in Clarion so we could drive to Rhode Island with her. That is where one of her sisters live. Her other sister lives in Europe, but is also visiting Rhode Island, so we thought it would be a good time for me to meet her. Apparently Rhode Island is easier to get to than Switzerland. We haven't done too much yet since we got here, but we have a big day at the beach planned for tomorrow. While we were driving here though, we had to go through some really bad storms. It was raining so hard that I couldn't even see out the window and Grandma had to pull the car over. Then, it started hailing and the wind started blowing really hard. Big branches were coming off of trees. It was kind of scary.
Now we are in Rhode Island and are having a good time. So far, I have met my Great Aunt Ulrike, my Great Uncle Carl and my second cousin, Nicholas. Mommy has been really bad about taking pictures, but she'll be better tomorrow. I know it. I can't really post any pictures from here anyway because Mommy does have the cord she needs to connect the camera to Ulrike's computer.
Daddy - We love you and miss you! We'll keep calling as much as we can! You're the best!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
From PA to RI
Posted by
Maggie
at
9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment