Monday, June 4, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun!

It's been a couple of weeks since I last wrote. Considering that I am four weeks old today, that's a long time. Things are going really well. I have now met two sets of my great grandparents, lots of great aunts and uncles, cousins (I think they are actually second cousins???) and tons of friends. It's crazy how much I have changed since I was born and how fast I am growing. I have the cutest little pair of capri pants that only two weeks ago looked like normal jeans on me. Now, they actually look like capri pants and they don't fall off when someone picks me up.









I took my first trip to the cabin a week and a half ago. That must be my daddy's favorite place in the world. He seems so happy there. There were so many trees and my uncle Rob and aunt Julie were there! Next time we go, we are going to go hiking. I can't wait! We would have gone this time, but my mommy and daddy forgot to bring my stroller, my baby backpack and my sling. Oops! We did get to go to the Vowinkel Hotel and the Farmer's Inn though. There were so many goats at the Farmer's Inn and one of them had just had at least six or seven babies! The funniest thing about being at the cabin was watching Olive run through the woods. She doesn't have to wear a leash when we are there and she loves it! She can leap really high!

I have now been to the farmers market twice with my daddy since I last wrote. He has a really nice stand. I can't wait until I get to eat all of the baked goods he makes. My mommy says the oatmeal raisin cookies are the best! This is probably because they are the only thing daddy will let her help make. Last Saturday it was really hot, so my mommy and I got to take a break from selling and we got to go shopping in the nice air conditioned stores. I hope she keeps thinking my clothes are cute because I got a new dress and I didn't even have to ask for it. The weekend before last, my first weekend at the farmers market, my grandparents (Heidi and Paul) came to visit and my grandpa tried to run away with me. He's so funny. My mommy told me that he gave her taco meat as her first solid food. I think I am going to have to eat something boring like rice cereal. It has got to be better than formula though, right?

Yesterday, mommy, daddy and I had so much fun. We went to church in the morning (a nice part of the day, but to be honest, it wasn't the fun part yesterday). Afterwards, we went over to Little Italy to go the Murray Hill art walk. It's funny how much art wasn't out considering it was an art walk. I think it was just an extra time for the galleries and stores to stay open and for there to be a designated shopping day. Nevertheless, we got to go out to lunch. Mommy and daddy's food looked so good. I think they liked the coffee best. After we left Little Italy, we went to the Cleveland greenhouses. They were really neat. They had lemon, lime, papaya, orange, banana and pomegranate trees. Plus, there were probably fifteen different types of cacti there. Best of all, it is free to walk through the greenhouses. When we got home, mommy, daddy and I took a really long nap. We all needed it! Then, one of the nice ladies from my church came over and brought mommy and daddy some dinner. Chicken smells really good by the way! Finally, after dinner, we went to meet my friend Milo and his mommy and daddy for custard. Milo got to eat custard for the first time yesterday. He loved it! He is so much bigger than me. I wonder if I will be that big nine months from now???

On a more serious note, I found out last week that I have a milk protein allergy =(. It really isn't that big of a deal. I just have to eat soy-based formula now. My mommy asked that if anyone who happens to read this sees soy-based formula (Similac or Enfamil) on sale, please let her know. I guess between diapers and formula, I am a little bit expensive. Oh well.

I promise to be better about keeping in touch from now on. After all, I am changing everyday. I hope people will keep reading about me and write me lots of messages!

1 comment:

Chris M said...

Maggie,

You are a good little writer. I even put a link to your blog on my website, akronrippers.org! Could you be a dear and send me your mom's email address. She gave it to me but I misplaced it. Have fun!

Chris