Monday, June 18, 2007

Margaritas & Guacamole

I've had an exciting week. There have been a lot more firsts for me. Earlier this week I went out for Mexican food with Mommy and my grandparents. I don't know what I am going to think of Mexican food when I am old enough to eat it. Mommy said that she didn't really start liking Mexican food until she was in college. I guess we'll have to wait and see. After dinner that night Mommy and Grandma (or HiHi, or DiDi, or . . . ) took me with them to get a cup of coffee and I got to meet Mommy's friend, Holly. She was really nice and even stayed long enough to feed me my dinner. I think Holly and I might have the same color hair some day. She's a red head too!

Thursday was Daddy's last day at the restaurant where he was working. Now he says he is his own boss. I'm really proud of him. It must be scary for him to try to start a business all by himself. Mommy and I are going to help as much as we can. I am also really excited because this means Daddy will be home more often. He's the best!

This past weekend was really exciting. I got to go to the West Side Market on Friday. Daddy needed ingredients for the farmer's market. I thought all the fruit and vegetables were really pretty. I couldn't stop staring at them. There might have been too many people there for me though. After a while, I started to get kind of cranky and Mommy even had to take me out of my stroller. Saturday was better. Mommy and I woke up really early (not as early as Daddy though) and helped Daddy put all his supplies in the car for the farmer's market. He has too much stuff! I was afraid he wouldn't be able to get my seat in the car. Can you imagine what would happen if I didn't make it to the farmer's market? He might not be able to sell anything! I'm just kidding, but while we were there Mommy did tell one lady that since she was looking at me, she had to buy some cookies from Daddy. She did! While we were at the market, Mommy had to leave to go pick up her friend, Katrine, from the airport and I got to go out to breakfast with my grandma and grandpa. I would have gone to the airport too, but Daddy needed our car for the market. Mommy had to use grandpa's "practical" car. My car seat doesn't fit in his car. Oh well. I had fun at breakfast.

After the market, we went home and I showed Katrine my bedroom. Mommy and Daddy put a new glider and ottoman from my great grandma in there this week, so my room looked extra nice. I think Katrine was more excited about the fact that we live in an old house than how pretty my room is. I understand, I like how old my house is too. Once everyone had a chance to take a rest, we went out to dinner at the Melt. I've actually been there before. I'm only six weeks old and am already becoming a regular at the local restaurants! It was extra exciting this time though. Mommy let me ride in the Baby Bjorn to the restaurant instead of my stroller, so when it was time to eat, I got to sit on her lap and look right at her food. I was so good too. I didn't reach for her food even once.

On Sunday, we went to church as we normally do. Katrine said that she went to the same kind of church as us when she was growing up. After church, we stopped to get some bagels for breakfast before going home to do yard work. I was excited about yard work at first, but then I got hungry and hot. That's really not a good combination for me. Once Mommy got me some food and I was feeling a little better, she decided to blow up my swimming pool to let me cool off. I'm not so sure about swimming yet. I was happy to be in the water at first, but then I wasn't. I hope I'll get to try it again soon so I can get used to it. On the bright side, I have a really cute bathing suit that I can't wait to wear again.

Today was Katrine's last day here and she wanted to do something "Ohio-ish." Naturally, we decided to go to Amish country. She lives in New York City, so I am sure she doesn't get to see the Amish very often. Most of the time we were there, we were driving around (I slept through most of the driving) or walking around one of Daddy's favorite stores, Lehman's. Daddy bought a bunch of different animal cookie cutters and said that someday he'll use them to teach me about different animals. The store was really big and had a really good kids section. They even had an Amish bonnet that I was able to try on. Mommy and Daddy said they may have to go back to buy me one. They think I looked really cute (as if I could ever not look cute!). Later that day, we drove to the college where Mommy and Katrine met and were roommates. They were so ridiculous. They got so excited about everything, even things as simple as the door to their old dorm room. While we were there, we stopped in the bookstore. Mommy bought a t-shirt for herself and a onesie for me. I wonder if now, everyone will think I graduated from college already??? I also got to go out for Mexican food again while were there. Mommy, Daddy and Katrine shared a big pitcher of green margaritas. I think it made visiting Wooster a little easier for Katrine (she's definitely a city girl).

After Mommy and Katrine's trip down memory lane, we had to take Katrine to the airport so she could go home. Once again I decided to sleep for the ride. Mommy and Daddy had been complaining because I kept waking up while we were driving and asking for food, so I decided to give them a break today (strangely, I feel like eating a Kit Kat Bar or going to McDonald's right now - anyone who understands this logic, congratulations).

Now we're home and I am tired again. It's been a long day, so tschuss (bye in German)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a cutie!! It sounds like you did have a very busy week!
I can't wait for you to come and visit Grandpa Alex and me and Uncle Rob and Aunt Julie. Libby, Ruby, and Creek will be here too.
We're going to ha lots of fun!! See you on Sunday.

Maggie said...

I am excited to see all of you too!