Friday, May 16, 2008

Europe Continued

Since I was having technical difficulties yesterday, I am just going to pick up right where I left off.


Before we left for Dublin, Omi taught me some German songs . . .

Once we arrived in Dublin, we immediately began walking around . . .

Our hotel was right by St. Stephen's Green, the largest park in Dublin. This is the park map . . .

The was probably the busiest street in Dublin and the best part is that most of it was for pedestrians only; no cars!!! It had really good shopping and a fantastic coffee shop (or so Mommy and Daddy say).

The hotel gave me a pack and play to sleep in. Here I am after a little nap . . .

Since we were in Dublin, it only seems right to put a picture of Sir Benjamin Lee Guinness in the post (or at least as close as we could get to one since he's been dead for quite some time) . . .
We spent a big part of our second day in Dublin visiting some really old churches. There was a small park outside of St. Patrick's Cathedral. I took a stroller break on the swings . . .

This is the inside of St. Patrick's Cathedral . . .

We went to visit Christ Church after we were done at St. Patrick's cathedral. Mommy and I get ready to go inside . . .

Here's Daddy in the Christ Church crypt . . .

Daddy and I get ready to go into the Guinness Storehouse . . .

Here's a store that Daddy thought was really funny. They actually sold nothing but door knobs and door knockers . . .

After three fabulous days in Ireland, we flew back to Germany for another three days in Germany. Unfortunately, as soon as we got there our camera died. We bought some disposable cameras and I will try to get some of the pictures onto the blog, but who knows when. We spent the rest of our trip visiting Koblenz and doing a lot more walking near Omi and Opi's house. The landscape near their house is surprisingly similar to western Pennsylvania. Needless to say, Daddy loved it. We found some hiking trails and just some out-of-the-way roads that were really pretty. Plus, the last several days we were in Germany, we visited a coffee/ice cream shop that Mommy and Daddy have some weird attachment to several times. It really was a great trip.


2 comments:

Milo said...

It looks like you had an awesome time on your trip! I'm even a little jealous, as I have not been to Germany or Ireland yet. I really liked looking at your pictures. You look like a real one-year-old!

Milo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.