Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Back . . . Again

So my journey continues. In mid-April, Mommy, Daddy and I took my biggest trip yet. We flew to Germany to visit my great grandparents. They are so nice! As soon as we got there, Great Grandma (who we are just going to call "Omi" from now on and Great Granddad will be called "Opi") gave me a big stuffed bulldog. You all know how much I love doggies. I have to mention, before I get into the rest of my trip details, that I was unbelievably good on the flight. In fact, I barely made a sound. The airplane had bassinets that attached to the wall, so I was able to lay completely down with blankets, pillows, a small mattress and shade to block the light from the plane. Mommy and Daddy were so jealous. Now back to Germany. Most of the time we were there we were walking (riding for me) around different towns. However, we didn't walk nearly as much in Germany as we did in Ireland. Yes, that's right! We went to Ireland too! Thanks to an unbelievable deal on airfare (it was free except taxes), we were able to fly to Dublin for a couple days in the middle of our Germany trip. We walked and walked and walked. It was great!

Shhhh, I'm sleeping all the way to Germany . . .

I'm waiting for my bags . . .

Omi and I finally get to meet . . .

We took a walk to the Grenzbachmühle on our second day in Germany . . .

Daddy helped push me up the big hills on the way back to Omi and Opi's house . . .

At dinner that night, Omi made me the funniest napkin hat . . .

One of the stores we went to had a giant singing bear. I liked him so much that I kept dancing even as we walked away . . .

The third day we were in Germany, we drove to Bonn. Here we are after lunch . . .

We stopped to listen to a street band (I danced again) . . .

So I was going to keep posting pictures, but the website is saying it it having trouble uploading pictures at the moment (I am telling the truth!!!). Maybe tomorrow things will be better and we can finish Germany and get to Ireland. Have good night! Guten nacht!

No comments: