Thursday, May 22, 2008

California, Baby!

So our journey continues. When Mommy, Daddy and I returned from Germany, I learned what jet lag was like. Actually, I think I handled it much better than Daddy. I would like to say I handled it better than Mommy too, but the day after we got home from Germany, she had to leave to go to California on a business trip. I don't even know how she handled it. Talk about time zone confusion! Anyway, later that week, once Mommy was almost done with work, Grandma and I decided it would be fun to fly out to California to meet her. I made friends with all the people on the airplane. I even got to crawl around a bit during the flight. Mommy extended her California trip over the weekend so we could explore.

The hotel we stayed at was on the ocean, right in between Santa Barbara and Malibu. We spent a lot of time walking through those cities as well as Ventura and Oxnard. It was really neat to drive along the coast too. On one side of the road was the ocean and on the other side were mountains. It really was beautiful. Unfortunately, however, we flew in and out of Los Angeles. I have to say that that city was my least favorite part of the trip. It was way way way too crowded. It took us over an hour of standing in line for self check-in at the airport.

Here are some of my favorite pictures:

Grandma and I take a walk on the Ventura pier . . .

Here's some authentic California birdies and mountains in the background . . .

Here I am looking cute at lunch . . .

Do you think Mommy's sun glasses are too big?

Sand, sand and more sand . . .

Mommy and I take a walk by the beach . . .

The hotel restaurant had the coolest fishies . . .

We had lunch at a harbor and I enjoyed some delicious lemons and limes . . .

Some guy in Santa Barbara was out with his pets. Look closely, there's a dog, a cat and a rat . . .

When we got home, Daddy had made us a surprise. He's the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matts welcome home sign was pretty crafty... I didnt know he was that creative!

Milo said...

Wow, you've been having some awesome adventures! I didn't know you like lemons and limes - I love them, too! And your daddy's picture is so cool; I had no idea he was so talented!

Hey, you should have your people call my people and arrange a playdate; I haven't seen you in forever, plus I have been carrying around a now very late birthday present for you in the trunk of my car for weeks and it's only going to get more banged up the longer I leave it in there.